Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dear Heidi,

Today is the day that you were supposed to be joining our family. We wish so badly that you were. You are thought of and missed everyday. You were so beautiful and we're glad that we were able to hold you for a few hours and feel your spirit there with us.

You would have enjoyed being a part of our family. We think you would have had brown curly hair, just like us. You would have learned to laugh a lot and have fun. We had plans to sign you up for dance lessons and Dad wanted to sign you up for soccer. We know you would have been a great example to your younger brothers and sisters. We promise that even though you aren't here, you will never be forgotten. We can feel your spirit in our home.

The reasons you are gone we may never understand in this life, but we know that you are surrounded by people who love you and that the work you are doing now is more important than what you could accomplish here. We hope you can always watch over and protect our family.

We are so grateful for the short time we had you in our lives. We know that just because you are gone from us now, it is not the end. We look forward to the time when we will see you again. Though we would rather you were here with us, your family has been blessed and has become closer together because of you. Remember that your family loves you and will always remember you.

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

A womb for rent said...

Dear Heidi,

HAppy due date! Heidi though I wish you could be here getting lots of loves from mommy and daddy. I am very thankful for your purpose with life and heaven. With out you I would not be writing this.

Thank you Heidi for coming into my life. I feel so honored that I got to meet, kiss, fall in love with you! I know that we had our moments were we were together in the time that you helped me make you look just like you! I know I knew you and we planned the day were I came in. I am excited for the day when I get to Hug you and see you again. I dream of the day that I know you and my other Angels comfort me as we meet again.

Heidi I promise I will look after your mommy and daddy and I will take lots of pictures of you Brothers and sisters:)

It is hard to put into words what you have done for me and I know you know what you have done. So thank you for that! With all my love Jen

Maines said...

Laura-

I have been thinking of you. I hope you are doing ok. Heidi is so beautiful. I look forward to the day that you will get to raise her.
Jaymie

Mallory said...

What a sweet letter to your baby girl. She is lucky to have you two as parents. I think about you often and hope that you can feel like yourself again soon. Love you. -Mal