Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anniversary Bouquets

Dave was in Alabama this week for work. He got a picture with Reuben while he was there! He also saw Taylor Hicks. (They went to a celebrity golf tournament). Pretty cool!

Since Tuesday was our anniversary, Dave sent me a pretty bouquet of flowers. He made sure it had tulips in it!
I put my new cookie decorating skills to good use to make Dave a cookie bouquet (with some help from Jamie) and I'm pretty proud how it turned out! It's a little stuffed full, so next time I'll need to get a container that can spread them out a little more. Here's my first cookie bouquet:

7 comments:

MegRich said...

Your cookie bouquet is so cute! How clever! Happy 3 years!

Amanda said...

Wow, look at you! You've got some mad skills.

Alixa said...

Cute! I love that cookie boquet. You could totally sell those.

Kris and Megan said...

CUTE laura!!! you are so talented! i just may have to copy you and do that! what did you use to stick them in the popcorn bin- skewers or something??

Rebe said...

Your bouquet is really cute! Looks your cookie decorating class did much more for you than my cake decorating one did for me!

Rebe said...

Looks like Reuben has lost some weight!! I can't believe you are posting pictures of Reuben on your blog, don't you have any allegiance to Clay??

Josh and Kelly said...

Dang, Dave may be one-upping Josh now. And your cookie bouquet turned out awesome! I really like that idea! And I really admire how you are dealing with this trial, I appreciate your honesty and openness and would love to hear more about Heidi!