Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Monday, May 10, 2010

3 years!

I'm so glad that 3 years ago today Dave and I chose to be married in the temple. We had so much fun that day, as you can see:

Because of that choice, our little family will be together forever.
I love Dave so much! He has been such a great support to me and is always there when I need him. I'm lucky to be married to such a great guy!







Sunday was a hard day. In fact, it was the hardest day for me since we buried Heidi. We had to leave church. I got every ounce of mascara I had on all over Dave's freshly dry cleaned shirt. I officially hate Mother's Day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Laura and Dave! That's so fun to look back at your wedding pictures!

I was thinking about you on Sunday, and also yesterday! Love you!

Anna said...

Happy Anniversary... you two are too cute in those pictures.

I know it was so hard for you... Baby Heidi was missing you too I'm sure!

Hopefully you can being to enjoy Mother's Day as the years go by cause you're the sweetest Mother I know!

Rebe said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Dave looks so little in all those pictures! Thinking of you, and getting excited to see you.

Amy said...

Aww. I love you, Laura. So happy your bridal shower and wedding reception happened cause without them I wouldn't have met my husband. So your wedding anniversary is a special day for me, too. And at least you had a happy day to follow the rough one. God is so merciful in giving us blessings to help us through our trials. Just by how you honor Heidi in not forgetting her you are already a great mother.

Alixa said...

Happy anniversary! We have all been married for so long now. I feel like it was yesterday we were the Penthouse Pimps! And for the record, you are a great mother to Heidi. You are keeping her memory alive and I think that is wonderful.

Kris and Megan said...

happy anniversary laura and dave! what great pics to remember that special day. laura, i wish i was there to hug you and i'm so sorry you had a hard mother's day. it's not fair about heidi but you are still a great mother! love you tons.

A womb for rent said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I am so sorry, I thought about you on Sunday :( I love you!!!!

Jenn said...

What in the postings...I've sorta been out of the blogging world for a while and it appears that i missed about 15 posts from ya'll.
Happy anniversary (late). I've been thinkin' about you. Sorry Sunday was so hard. We all missed you at Jill's but we understand. I'll call you sometime soon and we can chat.

Jennifer said...

I could tell that Sunday was hard for you. I can't even imagine the heartache you feel. Please let me know if you need anything... even just to talk:)