Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Monday, May 24, 2010

This week...

...is going to be a tough one. Heidi's due date is on the 30th. I've been anxious for this day to pass, and dreading it at the same time. I can't help but think what we should have been doing this week. We should have a cute little nursery set up, waiting for our little girl to arrive. I should have a huge belly. I should have had baby showers. We should be so excited about our future with a new baby in our home. Instead, I am left with a broken heart, aching arms, emotions I can't control, and feelings that don't make me feel like myself.

I've also been left with a stronger relationship with my husband, more gratitude for temples and eternal families, and empathy for others who are also going through struggling things.

This has definitely been harder than I thought it would be. I hope my heart can start to mend easier once Heidi's due date is past. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers this week!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love you, La. I'll be thinking of you and Dave and wishing for blessings and strength to come your way this week.

A womb for rent said...

Your in my prayer!!!!! Love ya!!!!!

Olsen Family said...

Laura,
I have been thinking about you so much knowing that Heidi's due date is coming up. We pray for you and Dave every day. I love you so much!

Kris and Megan said...

laura i have been dreading this week for you, because i knew you would ache even more. please know how much we are thinking/praying for you and dave. love you girl, thanks for always being such a great friend.

Nat-a-baby said...

Oh dear Laura. hang in there. I'm sorry this has been so hard for you guys. Love you lots!

Jennifer said...

Please let me know if you need anything...your heart will always ache for little Heidi, I can only imagine:( Hopefully the Lord will bless you with another beautiful baby to help mend it a little bit. Love you lady!