Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Friday, August 27, 2010

Husband of the Week Award

I nominate Dave to win the Husband of the Week Award. He is always so good to me, but he has been particularly good to me this past week. I've been pretty overwhelmed with starting school and having 36 kids in my class, and this is right at the point in my pregnancy when we lost Heidi. Everyday this week, dinner has been cooking when I've gotten home from work. Last Thursday, I had SEP conferences and didn't get home until almost 9:00. Our house was completely spotless when I got home, from the kitchen sink to the desk upstairs. Dave is such a good husband, and I'm so grateful that he is putting up with me, despite my craziness the past several months! I'm glad I got a keeper! He must have been inspired by Rachel Ray when he got his picture with her in New York! Can anyone top this?

3 comments:

Rebe said...

Wow! That is truly impressive! Dinner every night this week? Go Dave! Hope your kids aren't too crazy and that the first week went smoothly!

Amy said...

What a good hubs. I'm glad he is picking up the pace when you need it most. Brian's been a man this week killing mice. I've been to squirmy about the whole thing to help. Yay for good hubbies! :)

Kris and Megan said...

go dave!!! i'm so glad he takes such good care of you laura, especially on a tough week! i was trying to figure out who the wax figure was and my best guess was catherine zeta-jones! whoops!