
I finally made it to halfway through this pregnancy! It sure has dragged on. I've been pregnant for the past year (almost) straight, so it feels like it has been forever. We had our big ultrasound today with a Perinatologist. We sure have an active little boy! He kept arching his back, but they were able to see everything they needed to. He looks good so far. The only problem is that right now, I have placenta previa, which means the placenta is partially covering the cervix. There is still time for it to move, but if it doesn't I'll have to have a c-section. They'll keep an eye on it, and in the meantime I'm on the same precautions that I had after I had the subchorionic bleed (sorry Dave). This sure has not been an uneventful pregnancy!
I'll be seeing the high-risk doctor about once a month for the rest of my pregnancy, and will most likely do non-stress tests in the third trimester. Over the next few months, I'll be at a doctor at least 6 times a month, and probably even more in the last 2 months or so. I am seeing my endocrinologist, my regular OB, the perinatologist, an eye doctor, and I have the option to go see a pediatric cardiologist to check baby's heart. Not sure how that's going to work out with the school year starting next week! But, I'll do what I need to to deliver a healthy baby. As long as I can make it through the next 5 weeks with no problems, they should be able to detect any problems and be able to do something about it.
I've loved all the concerned comments about naming our son Arlo. Don't worry, I would not do that to my child. I told Dave it could be his fetal name, and we could name a dog Arlo if he wants. The only problem is that's all we have to call him at this point, which is part of Dave's strategy. He thinks he has the name sealed because on Sunday, we made birthday cards in Primary for Pres. Monson since he's in our stake. We made him a card that said from Dave, Laura, Heidi, and baby Arlo Cates. Since we wrote that to the prophet, he says there's no turning back! I'll make sure this little boy's name is cute!
We really just need to get a few weeks past 23 weeks before we really start planning and getting things ready. We're almost to that point, so we'll see how bad my nerves get over the next little while! I'll be lucky if I have any ounce of sanity left by the end of the year! I'm hoping that once I get back into school, I'll have other things on my mind and I can feel a little better and time can go a little quicker. It's not going to help much with 36 kids in my class though! It will be a crazy year! Hope I can manage. I don't need anything else to be added to my stress levels!
10 comments:
Laura, you look great. I'm glad things are uneventful... I tthink that's a good thing right now. C sections aren't so bad I actually am choosing to have another one. Good luck with the school year, I can't believe you have that many students. Love ya!
OH! I love the belly!!!! Lunch girl?
Laura,
You look wonderful! Are you sure there is only one in there? I have a feeling this is going to be one big little boy. Glad you stood up to my beloved son David and his name is not going to be Aslo or what ever that name was. Praying for you and the little guy constantly
You preggo belly is so cute! That is a LOT of doctors visits! And students in your class. I've never heard of that many in an el ed classroom! Wish you lived close enough to hang out with. Miss you!
You look super cute! I love that shirt! I am so glad everything is looking good. Good luck at school- I can't believe your class is so huge!
Seriously seems like you should be farther than 20 weeks, and you have quite the little tummy, cute! Good luck with school.
36, holy cow!! Yeah, you won't have time to think about being pregnant! You guys crack me up with the Arlo business, I miss you guys. Praying for you and hoping all goes well, and that your mind can be at peace.
You look great! I always loved having a baby belly. Praying you and Arlo stay healthy and active!
I've wanted to ask you if you collect the Boxtops for Education? I've been getting catalinas printing out for extra boxtop codes when I go to Smiths and I wondered if you wanted them. Just let me know and I can email you the codes to enter online for your school.
you look fantastic laura, not too big at all!!! the arlo thing cracks me up, especially the card. how funny!! i hope you can slowly relax as time goes by, and i too look forward to when you're to the safer point at least where you could deliver and have him be fine- i'm glad you updated because i was feeling ancy wondering how you were feeling and any updates about baby arlo's progress!! and 36 kids?!!!!! please tell me you're getting extra pay, that is insanity!!!
Your baby belly is super cute! 36 kids, that is insane! Are they giving you an aide or anything to help? You may be totally busy/stressed with school starting up again, but we'll be in town the 2nd week of September and would love to see you guys and catch up (maybe go out for dinner. Let me know if you're free. Still thinking about you lots and praying for the best. Love ya!
Post a Comment