Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Friday, August 6, 2010

6 Months

It's hard to believe that 6 months ago we said hello and goodbye to our precious baby girl, Heidi. Some days it still feels like it happened last week. I miss her every single day and still don't understand why we did not get to raise her. I feel lucky for the short 23 weeks that we did have with her. I love having pictures of her, her footprints, and a shelf with things of hers around the house.We had so much fun planning for a little girl in our family. We were so excited. It just seemed like everything was working out perfectly how we had planned since we'd been married. Being pregnant with Heidi was fun and worry-free. There was no reason for us not to feel that way. I'm glad that I have those good memories of when we felt so happy and excited for our future.
We brought some flowers to Heidi's grave tonight. I'm glad that the cemetery is so close to us so we can go there often. I love my daughter so much and wish so badly she was here with us. Isn't she so beautiful?

3 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

I can't believe it's been 6 months. Has it gone fast or slow for you guys? I am so sorry that your pregnancies will probably be filled with wonder and worry instead of pure joy and excitement like they should be. That's just not fair but I hope you'll continue to have faith and know how much we love and care for you guys! You are still in our prayers :)

A womb for rent said...

Happy 6 month baby girl! I love you Angel!!!

leslie cats said...

She is beautiful