Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Friday, January 18, 2013

Our Cute Little? Guy

Me at 28 weeks-I think this week I had at least 3 people tell me
I looked ready to deliver.  I'm not that big yet!
Being diabetic and high-risk, I have ultrasounds once a month to check the growth of our new baby.  At my 27 week ultrasound, he looked great and was measuring exactly where he needed to be.  I went in this week at 32 weeks, and he had all of a sudden had a huge growth spurt!  In one month, he went from the 50th percentile to the 73rd and had doubled his weight.  He is already over 5 pounds!  They weren't sure why.  It didn't seem to be related to my blood sugars, since he was big proportionally, instead of his stomach being the largest part, and my blood sugars have been as close to a normal person as possible.  They weren't overly concerned about it, so I'm trying not to be.  He still looks healthy through an ultrasound and passed the non-stress test this week with no concerns.  I will have another ultrasound at 36 weeks and they will make a decision from there how early they want to take him.  It will possibly be by c-section, which was already an option considering how Brady's delivery and my recovery went.  Looks like it may be closer to 37 weeks than 38, so we will be having a February baby instead of a March baby.  Getting close!  Look what a cutie he is, these 3-D ultrasounds are so neat!
Here he is at 27 weeks
A little chunkier at 32 weeks

He had his little hand up by his face

2 comments:

Rebe said...

Wow, that would be crazy to have him so soon! I don't realize you are that close. Cute little guy in there.

Kris and Megan said...

Amazing ultrasound pics! You look awesome! I am so behind on all my blog reading, I have missed so much! I can't believe Brady's er fiasco, don't you love how long it takes?! AH!!! Remember Austin splitting his lip open in CA last year (my blog I posted about it) Yep, same thing. Exhausted child, but NO sedation for us, I'm jealous! The cracking eggs post "cracked" me up too, amazing how fast they can get into trouble! Stinkers! And I hope it warms up fast for you guys! I am cold just reading about it! :) MISS YOU! So excited for baby boy #2 to be here soon!