We had a great Holiday season this year. One of the first Christmas celebrations was going to Dave's parents' ward breakfast. Brady got to meet Santa there, but totally freaked out! It was hilarious and Dave's shirt was pretty stretched out afterwards!
Brady enjoyed having our Christmas decorations up. I made him put on the tree skirt like I always used to do when I was young. I think he must feel like a ballerina with it on!
We started out Christmas Eve with a trip to the cemetery before the storm came in. Dave's parents bought this cute tree for Heidi that lights up.
We went up to Layton later that day to spend it with my family. We tried to act out a nativity. I had to be Mary when she was "great with child," but Ana took over once baby Jesus was born.
| Frederick as a shepherd |
| Brady and Eli were supposed to be Kings. They are playing with the Myrrh here. |
| Here's what Santa left Brady |
Brady had fun with his easel. He put the 77 letters and numbers on one by one and said the name of most of them.
Here's Brady's annual picture in his stocking we got from the hospital when he was born. How many more years do you think he will fit?
We headed back up to Layton after and did some gifts there. My mom had made all the grand kids fleece pants. Here is me and all my sisters with our kids. We'll be adding 3 more before summer!
We went over to Dave's that afternoon for dinner and presents. It was nice spending time so much time with family!
When we got home that night, we started trying to clean up and make room for the new things we got. Call us Scroogy if you will, but we decided we were going to put all the Christmas stuff away along with it. While I love Christmas, it feels good to get your house back to normal. We were feeling very cluttery! This is behind the table our tree was on. I don't think we watered it enough...(and it was only 3 feet tall!)
Hope you had a great Christmas!
New Years Eve:
For New Years Eve this year, Brady and I went up to Layton earlier in the day. We had a pinata for the kids, but Brady didn't want to do it, even though I tried to make him!
Hope you had a great Christmas!
New Years Eve:
For New Years Eve this year, Brady and I went up to Layton earlier in the day. We had a pinata for the kids, but Brady didn't want to do it, even though I tried to make him!
We left Brady there for a few hours while we went with Dave's family to The Roof. It was really fun. They have an awesome buffet with tables full of yummy desserts. Everyone's plate had horns and hats on them when we got there. Dave and some random guy were going back and forth with their horns for a while. It was pretty funny! I had never been to The Roof before, and New Year's Eve was a fun time to go!
On the drive back to Layton, we tooted our horns at all the people downtown for EVE. We think we are so funny. We played games with my family and spent the night so we didn't have to drive back so late. We didn't really care to stay up until midnight, but we were so close once we were all ready for bed, that we went and watched the ball drop. Very exciting.
Hope 2013 is a good year for us!


4 comments:
Hi Laura, I hope you had a great Christmas. It likes it was a fun Christmas and New Years. You two are so funny. I've never heard of a New Years Eve party at the Roof. That's really cool. I hope your pregnancy is going well.
I love reading about your cute family!! And please please send that Santa pic to Ellen! :-) its hilarious!! Glad life is going well for you guys!
You look so cute pregnant. And I can't believe all of Brady luscious curls! How fun to go to The Roof for New Year's, too. Glad to see life is swell for the Cates. :)
I absolutely love that Santa picture. Ha! Seeing all of Brady's curls makes me wish i never cut Williams's :( happy 2013 with that new little babe!
Post a Comment