Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 28 last week.  Crazy!  It was a good birthday.  Like I said in my previous post, I went to Farm Country and for ice cream with some good friends in the morning.  Dave and I went to Tucano's at the Gateway for dinner and used my birthday 2-for-1.  We ate lots of meat!

I told Dave I wanted a cake, but he wasn't allowed to just get a grocery store one (not worth eating).  He had the option of making me a Funfetti cake or buying a yummy one.  He got this amazing Chocolate cake with chocolate filling and chocolate buttercream frosting from Schmidt's bakery.  Talk about awesome!

Dave thought it was overkill to put 28 candles on it, so his solution was to light 14 candles twice, so that's what we did!  Brady loved seeing the fire, but he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth so he didn't care to eat any of the cake.  Dave and I definitely enjoyed eating it at least twice a day for the next couple of days.  One day we finally just took forks to it and finished it off!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy belated b-day! I love that you gave him guidelines for your cake. So jealous you got Tucanos. Smart idea to light half the candles twice. We just do however many are in the second digit. So in this case, eight candles.

Rebe said...

HA Ha! I love the blowing out 14 candles twice. Super creative. Wish I could have had some of that awesomeness.

Carrie said...

Impressive cake Dave! I loved that shirt.

cameo said...

Oh my gosh! I really wish we could have come and enjoyed that cake, it looks delicious.

Natalie and Ryan said...

Wow, that's an awesome birthday cake! It's very impressive that your hubby bought such a gourmet cake! I hope you had a great birthday. Ryan loves Tucanos because he served his mission in Brazil. I love the salad bar and he loves the meat. Happy Belated Birthday!