This kept me awake most of the night, and I just need to get it out. I had 2 doctors appointments yesterday, one with my endocrinologist, and one with my OB. At my appointment with my endocrinologist, we found I had lost .8 of a pound in the past 2 weeks even though I feel like I eat all day long. And starting in the 2nd trimester my blood sugars should have started to go up, requiring me to take more insulin. But instead my blood sugars have stayed pretty low, and I have had to decrease how much insulin I take several times. This was a concern for her (and it has been for me) because this is not the typical pattern that should be happening. This is what happened when I was pregnant with Heidi. My endocrinologist sensed last time that maybe something was wrong. She was the only one to do so. She wrote me a note to take to my OB about this, especially about the fact I had lost weight.
In the afternoon, I went to see Dr. Y. I really like him and he's been very understanding about my feelings and has been seeing me every 2 weeks, instead of every 4 they normally do. He has a very good reputation and lots of experience. I trust his opinion on things, but yesterday it did not match up with what my endocrinologist thought. He didn't think the fact that I had lost weight was that big of deal and said the baby would take anything it needs from me. He also said my blood sugars weren't really a reason for concern at this point. He did an ultrasound and measured the baby, and it was right on track for growth. So from that perspective everything looks fine to him. According to Dave I argued with him quite a bit. I said maybe something isn't wrong with the baby, maybe something is wrong with my body. And he asked for an example of what, but I had no idea.
I just feel like it's the same scenario as last time. Everything with Heidi looked like it was going well, and she was right on track for growth. The only clue was my blood sugars and lack of weight gain. It's happening again, but I feel like it's not being taken seriously. I'm so scared I only have 6 more weeks with this baby.
6 years ago
5 comments:
I hope everything goes well for you. After you lose one, it seems like everything that happens in the next pregnancy is the same and a sign that you'll lose it again. You will be unsettled until you know everything is ok. I was nervous to have ultra sounds because I was afraid there would be no heartbeat. I would go into the room already in tears and almost in a panic. Good luck!! Hope everything goes ok.
Keep praying and having faith! The Lord has a great plan for us and everything will work out!
We have kept you in our prayers! Don't get too worked up about anything yet, stay positive. We're thinking of you guys.
You've been in our prayers. Like Emily said, have faith and trust in the Lord's plan. We love you guys and are hoping for the best!
I am sorry. I hope you know that Jesus Christ understand what you are going through. He is the only person that truly understand the pain, grief, hurt, worries, anxiety, etc. you are feeling. Ask Him to take your fears away. He will. I know he has many many times for me. He will take your pain too. Trust Him,he knows you. He will comfort you when you feel no one else understands. I will pray for you.
Natalie Moulton
Post a Comment