We waited in line for 2 hours to get on the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and visit Ellis Island:


Went to Madame Tussad's Wax Museum and met all kinds of famous people:


Got stuck in a heavy rainstorm:
Went to Times Square:
Walked around the Musuem of Natural History:
Rode the elevator up to the top of the Rockefeller Building which overlooked the city:
Saw the Broadway musical In the Heights. We hadn't heard of it, but we ended up really liking it. It had lots of really good hip hop dancing in it. The lead was the afro guy in High School Musical.
Saw a taping of Dave Letterman. It was a good show and a lot of fun. The guests that night (actually 4:30 in the afternoon) were Steve Carrell, the girl who plays Beezus, and Sheryl Crow. And FYI-We heard it from his own mouth--Steve Carrell is leaving The Office! You should have heard the audience gasp!
Got a frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity. Can you guess how much it cost?
Went to Central Park and saw some interesting things-check out this new workout:
We laughed so hard at this squirrel just relaxing in the tree
This is where John Lennon was shot:
Went to a Yankees vs. Angels game. Dave was so disappointed, they scored twice in the first inning, and then they never did again! The final score was 2-10! He's wanted to go to a game his whole life.

The best thing about the trip was just being able to spend time together without having to worry about anything or anyone else. It was so good for us to be able to get away for a few days! So many fun memories are created on vacations!
6 comments:
looks like you guys jam packed your trip!!!! looks like SO much fun. and i am so jealous you got to see steve carell on letterman!!! HOW COOL is that! you guys deserved such a fun trip, good for you for going!!
So cool, I wish I could visit NYC! I have a friend who lives there and would love to visit her. Glad you had a great time. -Natalie
What??? Not even a shout out? Looks like you had fun though- I wish I could have seen the Letterman show.
I love it! I am so happy you got to have vacation time.
I am so jealous now :( want to go there.
SO fun! And you're lookin' so cute preggo!!!
Sounds fun. I really need to go soon since Jenny and I are now the only ones who haven't been. Bummer about the game.
Post a Comment