Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone had a good holiday. We had a neighborhood breakfast where several hundred people come. They had a race before the breakfast, and a parade and snow cones afterward. With the help of our neighbors, Dave's bike got decorated, so he rode in the parade.

Later that day, we went and saw Eclipse. We both thought it was pretty cheesy, but worth seeing once. The lady next to me was writing things down in a notebook the whole movie! For dinner, we BBQ'd hamburgers, watched some fireworks in our complex, then walked over to the Holladay fireworks. We had an obstructed view seat because we were right in front of a pole, but they were still fun. I have to say I like the Layton ones better though! Dave tried to get the people around us to chant U-S-A, but couldn't! Happy Birthday America! (we sang to America in primary today--Happy, Happy birthday America dear!)

No comments: