Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tulip Festival

Tulips are my all time favorite flower. My wedding bouquet was just all tulips. So, I have to go to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point every year I get the chance. Dave and I went on Monday. It was a nice night, but pretty crowded! I loved seeing all the pretty tulips. Dave was taking some pictures and naming them. Here's some he named:

Wilting Petal


Plethora of Tulips

The Squinter
So creative with the names! I was so excited that we saw this owl by the waterfall! I had just taught my class that day about owls and all the adaptations they have. Neither of us had ever really seen one before.We named him Hoots!

5 comments:

Alixa said...

wow, you guys are creative with the names. I love tulips too. I wanted all of my wedding flowers to be tulips but I had to get married in stupid July when tulips arent in season. Bummer. Glad you had a good time!

Amy said...

you too are so cute with all your photo names. miss you two!

Carrie said...

I like the Squinter, nice one Dave. Ryan found an owl while riding his bike the other week and took Jace over to see it, so cool!

cameo said...

I am SO SO sad that we couldn't come. Like I said, I've always wanted to go. Maybe next year?!?!

Jennifer said...

How fun! Your husband is hysterical.. love it!