I feel so bad that there really isn't anything I can do for Heidi. I love and miss her so much. Sometimes my heart just feels broken and I feel such sadness thinking about what I'm missing out on. Really all Dave and I can do is remember her, continue to love her, and live worthy to have her be ours for eternity. We put a shelf up with some things that remind us of her:

The day after Heidi was delivered, Dave's mom came across this doll that Dave's grandma had made for her over 20 years ago. She had made the porcelain, painted it, and sewed the dress. Dave's mom looked at it and thought her little hand was almost the exact same size that Heidi's had been. We had her buried in the dress and were glad that we had something with meaning, rather than a blanket or something we just went out and bought.

Dave's grandma copied the picture above and made this dress below for the doll that is identical to the one Heidi was buried in. Don't they look almost exactly the same? We are so grateful to her for doing this and that we have this handmade doll in the same outfit that Heidi is wearing. Family has been so great through this hard time. Thank you for thinking of us!
5 comments:
how sweet that you have a little doll and dress to remember heidi! love you laura!!! i think of you often!
What a sweet little dress. I didn't know that is what you used. How thoughtful of Dave's family.
Wow! Great dress!!! Love you Heidi!!!!
That is an amazing replica! So great that you can remember the dress she was buried in.
Laura-
You are still in my thoughts and prayers. Its a hard road to travel. We buried James in his blessing outfit my mom made for him. It means so much to have something meaningful to dress them in. The dress is darling. I am so glad she was able to replicate it.
Post a Comment