Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In Dave's words....Finally, something happy to blog about!


We took a much-needed vacation to St. George over Spring Break. It was so nice to get away from things for a few days and just enjoy spending time together. We drove down in a snowstorm on Wednesday night, and we glad when we arrived safely. We woke up Thursday morning and walked to the temple to do a session. Dave golfed that afternoon while I shopped a little bit. Friday, Dave did a long bike ride on his brand-new bike and I did a longer run than I've done for a while. We decided we both need to get in a little better shape! We went horseback riding that afternoon. Dave had fun until he found out that the price I told him was per person, not together. Then he wasn't too happy! Here's us on Trixie and Teddy Wayne. Remember when riding a horse, Nipples Up!!!We watched conference on Saturday, and in between sessions we did the batting cages at Fiesta Fun. (can't go to St. George with Dave without a trip there!) I met him at the Pizza Factory after Priesthood session (where he ran into his mission president). Sunday morning, we hid ghetto Easter baskets for each other. We both decided we hate looking for Easter baskets!In between sessions on Sunday, we went to the Sand Dunes and had fun digging a hole.
We had a fun time on our trip, even though we were disappointed the weather was a little chilly!

7 comments:

Ryan & Courtney said...

Fun laura! I'm glad you had a good weekend. I hope you guys are doing well.

Kris and Megan said...

so glad you guys got away for a little while! looks like you had plenty of fun too. miss you laura!!!

Rebe said...

Looks like fun, we miss Pizza factory breadsticks so bad! Who names a horse Teddy Wayne? Glad you had a good time.

Carrie said...

We love St. George, the Pizza Factory, and the sand dunes. Glad you could have a relaxing vacation!

Amy said...

What a fun trip! You packed a lot of fun stuff into that week. I'm impressed. Hope the trip re-energized you for going back to work.

Michelle said...

Oh, Laura! I feel like an awful friend. I had no idea until now. You are AMAZING. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. Those pictures are incredible. I'm sure that you will get to raise your sweet Heidi some day! I am so glad that you were able to have a little much needed get-away. St. George IS awesome, but I'm a little biased. :) I love you and am praying for you guys!

cameo said...

I am so glad you guys could get away. We need to hang out. And you hate hunting for Easter baskets? I love it! I want to go horseback riding.