Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Heidi's 2nd Birthday--February 6, 2012

Wow, it has already been 2 years since we lost our sweet little girl.  So much has happened since that horrible day in February when we found out our baby's heart had stopped beating.  We have changed so much since then, hopefully for the better.  We are doing well and are happy, but we will always love our Heidi.  This year was easier than last year. On Heidi's first birthday, everything that had happened the year before ran through my mind over and over all week and I was up crying half the night.  I shed a few tears this year, but I didn't feel consumed by it.  We miss her everyday still, but are so grateful we have Brady, even though he has become a wild man.  :)

 Last year, we were lucky that timing worked out perfectly for us to bless Brady on Heidi's first birthday.  This year we kept it a little more low-key.  Dave, Brady, and I went over to the cemetery.  It was a pretty nice day, so we laid out a blanket so we could hang out for a while.  We made Heidi a cake and brought her balloons and a pinwheel.  We sang Happy Birthday to her and wrote her a card.  We wished she was there to celebrate with us! 

4 comments:

Rebe said...

Glad to hear it's getting easier for you guys. Glad you had nice weather too, so you could enjoy your family time!

Kris and Megan said...

I'm glad it didn't feel as consuming. I got a little teary reading about the sweet little things you did to remember her :) So great to celebrate her!

Mike and Katie said...

I'm so glad you got to celebrate and remember your sweet girl!

Mike and Katie said...

I'm so glad you got to celebrate and remember your sweet girl!