Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Latest...

I was planning on doing a 12 month post on Brady but I'm a little late, so this will just be what we are up to lately!  But of course, it will be mostly about Brady!

Dave is still working at his same job.  It's nice that he works so close and can come home for lunch for an hour.  He is starting to work on getting his Project Manager Certification.  He's trying to start exercising again to get in shape for some bike races and triathlons this summer.

Laura is tutoring 2 kids in the neighborhood and enjoys having something else to worry about besides if Brady is getting enough sleep.  :)   She runs with Brady in the stroller a couple of times each week.  She's been doing lots of craft projects and trying new recipes.


Brady is still the cutest little boy there is.  He laughs, claps, and smiles a lot and still is not scared of anyone.  He genuinely loves life.  He is very busy and is always walking around and getting into things.  He loves balls and carrying things around while he walks.  He always likes to play with the smallest of something he can (like the smallest nesting cup, block, or ball). He is a chatterbox and babbles all day long. 
Brady's hair is curly, but when it's wet, he totally has a rat-tail.  He gets lots of comments about his beautiful blue eyes and long lashes.  He loves eating and there's not much he doesn't like, even though his food often ends up on the floor.  He will only take 1 nap now, even though some days he still needs 2, so he is regularly in bed at 5:30!  He still loves playing in the bathtub and animals.  He loves when his daddy gets home from work.  He has started throwing little tantrums sometimes when you take away something he wants.  He buries his head into the carpet then lays flat on his stomach.  We just have to laugh when he does it because it's so funny.
At 12 months, Brady weighed 21 pounds, 10 ounces (35%) and was 30 1/4 inches long (65%).  He finally started waving to people.  He loves honking your nose.  He's been mimicking a lot what we do and say.  This video is a perfect example.  Can you tell this kid's mom is a screamer?

This a video of one of his favorite things to do, all day, everyday.

We are all doing great!  We love being Brady's parents and watching him learn new things everyday.  Aren't our pictures cute?  One of my BFF's Megan (I think 80% of you know her!) took them.  She did a great job!

7 comments:

Alixa said...

Brady is very cute! I just weighed Bo, and he weighs 22 pounds. I knew he was big, but apparently he is huge if he weighs more than Brady! Cant wait to see you this week!

Rebe said...

Looks like you need to invest in some child locks for your drawer! That would drive me nuts to have to organize it everyday!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures Laura! They turned out great. I can't believe Brady is one! Crazy!

cameo said...

Aren't those stacking cups the greatest things? Logan loves his. And Logan loves to empty out our tupperware drawer too. And I don't mind one bit if it keeps him entertained while I'm cooking.

Kris and Megan said...

Brady is so darn cute! I loved all the updates and it made me laugh that he is in bed by 5:30 some nights, haha!! I will hold on to the two naps as long as possible!!

Natalie and Ryan said...

Ooooh I love the backgrounds of your family pictures. Where did you take those pictures? I have been trying to practice more and take more pictures of our kids in hopes to improve. Can you tell me where those shots were taken? Anyhow, about you...I love the updates and the cute tidbits about Brady. He is adorable. I loved how he was smacking his lips while eating graham crackers a couple weeks ago at church. What a cutie!

Barbara said...

Props to you for running during the winter! Love the pictures. Brady is adorable.