With our kids (minus Logan):
Secondly, my sisters from out of state, Rebe, Carrie, and Jenny and their families, came into town the last week of June. We were able to go up to Bear Lake for a few days and had a great time! My parents had rented a lakeside house and it was fully equipped with a trampoline and a big hill, perfect for a slip 'n slide.
We spent one day at North Beach. The water was pretty cold, so we didn't do much swimming other than wading. We had rented a boat for the afternoon, but it suddenly got really windy and wavy and we had to return it early.
We drove to Minnetonka cave and had a tour through that. It was cold inside, but cool to see all the formations.
Brady's cousins had a fun time playing with himI was able to go to Lagoon with the Authiers. My mom stayed with Brady while I got to ride the rides. It worked great for both of us, since my mom would rather not go on the rides (even though she will since she's a good sport) and I could go be the cool aunt (is there even a close second?).
Brady and I also went with Carrie, Jace, Eli, and my Grandma Melville to the zoo one day. I was glad Carrie was there with her diaper and wipes supply because Brady pooped 4 times that morning and I ran out! This picture is at the end of the day when all the kids had had enough fun for one day!We've also been able to spend some time with Dave's side of the family. His Grandpa Cates passed away last week, so Bonnie and her family flew into town from Michigan. I enjoyed hearing stories of Dave's grandpa at his funeral, since I didn't know him very well. I also really appreciated them for thinking to include Heidi in his obituary. It meant a lot to me. Here is Brady with his Grandma and Grandpa Cates and all of his cousins:
Brady also has 2 new cousins, one on each side (and 2 more coming soon)! They are both adorable, and I'm glad he has cousins close to his age on both sides. It's amazing how quickly I've forgotten how tiny Brady was!
Here he is with Frederick (Emily and Alejandro's):

And with Grace (Bonnie and Chess's):

5 comments:
Brady looks like a giant compared to the babies! I love his smile in the picture with Mom. Seriously the sweetest baby ever! Miss you guys.
Talk about multi-racial cousins!
looks like you've been doing so many fun things laura. i love the pictures and that little brady has the cutest face!! and how fun to get together with roommates! I never really had a whole apartment full that I got along with, as you probably remember :) so I'm a little envious!! (but of course I had great wards) miss you!!
oh man, I know what you mean about the thrown off napping. But it's okay, because we're cool moms ;)
Laura, I just had to catch up on what you've been doing this summer and it looks like you've been going non-stop! And Brady was smiling through it all. Also, wanted to say THANK YOU for having so much fun with my kids the other day. I will get the box of goods back to you soon. We all really appreciated you entertaining the crew for awhile. THis is Nicki--I'm just too lazy to switch users. . .
Post a Comment