
We delivered our baby girl on Saturday morning at 12:48 am. She weighed 9 ounces and was 10 inches long. She was bigger than we thought she would be and her little body looked so perfect. We loved her cute feet and hands. She had a Melville nose and little toe. Thank you to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers over the past week. It truly has helped us.

We got to hold our baby and spend a few hours with her. There was such peaceful feeling in the room. We were grateful to have her grandparents on both sides there to see her. The hardest part was giving her back to the nurse, knowing we wouldn't see her again in this life. We are grateful for the short time we got to hold and love her.

Shortly after Heidi was born, the nurse called a photography group called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep to come in. It is a volunteer organization that has professional photographers come to take pictures of babies that are stillborn. Although it was 2 am, a girl came to take some pictures. We are so glad that they do this, and we'll be able to remember her by them. They turned out so neat.

We will be burying Heidi at Wasatch Lawn Cemetery on Monday. She will be close to Laura's Grandpa and Dave's Grandma.
The only visible reason that the doctor could see was a problem in the umbilical cord. It got really really thin where it connected to Heidi, so it was possibly not giving her the nourishment she needed. Again, we are grateful for your support for us at this hard time.
24 comments:
those pictures did turn out good. I'm glad everything went smoothly. We love you guys.
Oh Laura, your post made me start bawling. How hard for you to have to bury your baby girl. I feel so much for both of you and your families right now. I'm glad you got to spend some time in the hospital with her and got some pictures. May God pour out his spirit to be with you at this time. I'm sure it has been quite an emotional and spiritual time.
adorable pictures of your precious little girl. your little family looks so peaceful with her.
She is so beautiful. I'm so glad everything went well. I love you guys.
Laura, I hope you don't mind that Jen gave me your blog address.I just want you to know we have been praying for you and Dave to get through this hard time. You are definitely a stronger person than I could ever be. Little Heidi is beautiful, and though you won't see her again in this life, she is yours forever. Please Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Jackie
What a perfect and precious little girl! I'm so glad you were able to hold her and get pictures, I bet that will provide a lot of comfort and closure for you guys.
How wonderful it is that you were able to look at her features and see similarities between her and you as her mother, Laura! Heidi really was perfect.
I think about you two constantly and am amazed at the strong people you guys are.
Leisl and I sent you something, it should be there in a week or two. We love you~
She is so adorable with the sweetest little hands and feet. Glad things went smoothly and you feel at peace.
How sweet that you were able to get pictures taken with her and get to spend some time with her. Our condolences to you and Dave.
What darling pictures. I love the family picture of you. The little Melville toes are so sweet. I am so glad that things went well and that you have peace.
Those pictures are precious. I am glad you had that opportunity. I am so sorry. I love you both.
this post just made me lose it- can't stop thinking about you guys and baby heidi. she looks like a little angel in the pictures, i'm so glad you were able to have a few moments and pictures with her. hope you two are getting through this difficult time. love you guys tons and you are in my prayers.
Laura and Dave,
She is beautiful, what an angel. We are praying and thinking of you.
Love,
Mike and Katie Olsen
Laura and Dave I want you to know you're in our prayers and fasts and I know you will get over this bump in the road. Baby Heidi is beautiful and we're so glad that you will get to see her again someday. I love you!
Now I Lay Me Down photos always make me cry. What a sweet baby girl. Glad everything went well and your families could be there with you. Sending you lots of love.
Heidi is absolutely beautiful! My heart goes out to your sweet family. Best wishes during the next little while - I'll be thinking of you!!!!
Oh Laura, she is absolutely beautiful. Know we are praying for your family. What a precious little baby.
She's very sweet, cute hands. Glad you have those pictures. I wished I could be there Monday with you guys.
Heidi is so sweet and it was a wonderful service for her today! I'm so glad that I can be here near you guys at this time! As always, we pray for you and let me know if you need anything.
I've been thinking about you all week. I'm glad you got to spend time with her. I'm still praying for you guys and hope the best for you through this.
Dear Laura and Dave,
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. What a sweet baby girl. You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Love you!
-Leisl
I can't imagine how hard that was as I was wiping away the tears just looking at the pictures. What a beautiful little girl. You guys are so strong and have such a good attitude and perspective it is really an inspiration. The gospel really does bring so much peace. Love you guys! You're in our thoughts and prayers
Your little Angel is beautiful. Keep up faith and know something good will come your way. Continue to pray and rejoice in the knowledge that you will be with her again.
Laura and Dave,
The pictures are so cute. She has the cutest little nose and lips. I am glad that you have those to remember her by...
We have been praying for you both and think of you a lot. I hope that you can continue to feel the spirit and feel that peace in your heart. Love you.
I wish I had read this earlier, I would have been there for the funeral. You guys are so strong and we still pray for you ever night. I love you.
Post a Comment