Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Can you believe this little guy is 10?


As of yesterday, I have had Joey, my pet chinchilla, for 10 years! I got him when I was in 8th grade. It's hard to believe that he can live for that long. He can actually live to be 20 years old! So, we might have him a while longer (Hope you're okay with that Dave).
In other news, Dave and I bought a townhome! It is about a mile away from where we are now. It's a split level, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and washer and dryer, and even a little patio. We're pretty excited about it. We will close on it next week sometime, then start moving in about April 16. We were glad to find something close to where we are now (and something we could afford!), because we really like the area. It's right in a nice neighborhood, one that we already run through now. We'll post a lot more pictures of it, once it's officially ours!
Here is the front. Ours will be the one on the left.


Our new living room.

The kitchen--still not a ton of counter space!

10 comments:

Amy said...

A house! How exciting! And your chincilla is cute. I always wondered what a chinchilla looks like and now I know. Congrats on both milestones (the house and birthday for Joey!).

Nat-a-baby said...

Congratulations on the buy Laura and Dave! What a big step! Was it scary? Joe and I are going to start looking for housing in Missouri next month. We may need advice. I can't believe Joey is that old! He doesn't look a day older than the first day I laid eyes on him 5 years ago!

Rebe said...

Your kitchen looks way bigger than mine! Looks like it'll be fun to have your own place.

Jarom said...

Hooray for buying a house! Congrats. Maybe one day I will get to join the ranks of house owner. Until then, I will keep throwing away money on rent. Tell Joey I said happy birthday. P.S. This is Alixa, not Jarom. I was too lazy to sign in as me.

Kris and Megan said...

Laura that is super nice!!! I'm so happy for you guys. You gotta have a house warming party now so we can come see it. I love it!! Really I just have to see you, it's been a million years, much too long!!!! Later this month???

Jamilyn and Clark said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm really happy for you and pretty jealous too!

Amanda said...

Laura! Why didn't I know about this sooner?? Congrats! You'll love having your own place. Let us know if you need help with anything. I'm so glad that at least 3 of the 6 of us will be permanent Utah residents for a while.

Carrie said...

Happy birthday Joey. Your house is so cute and looks nice, it will be so fun to move in! Can't wait to see it (maybe in May?).

annieandjustin said...

Your house looks really nice. Congrats! We will miss you in the ward though. Who is going to go to all the three hour long committee meetings with me?!

Jenny said...

Happy anniversary, Joey!!