Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Glacier


This is what I call "the glacier." Dave only puts his all his junk away about once a week, or twice if I'm lucky. I just pile all of his junk in front of his closet and it becomes a huge pile, or "the glacier." When that one time a week finally comes around, we say that Dave is "melting the glacier!" It's pretty funny, but our room would look so much nicer without it! Dave always complains that he never gets anything about him on the blog, so this post is for him!Here's my hot cowboy! It was his 26th birthday on March 12th. I couldn't do too much because I had SEP conferences, so it was pretty low-key. I did wake up and make him Ebleskivers for breakfast, which he fell in love with a few months ago when he had them at my house. I got him an ice cream birthday cake from Dairy Queen, and a few other gifts. I want to tell him that I love him and am so happy being his wife, despite the glacier and all!

8 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

That cracks me up how you call it "the glacier." haha We have a couple glaciers in our house I don't know what to do with, there's no space to move it! Oh well. That cracked me up how he said you never put stuff on the blog about him. I miss you guys, when are you guys free to get together? It has been WAAAAY too long!!

cameo said...

Happy Birthday to Dave! I thought he was going to be in Idaho, no?

Sheila said...

I want to know the recipe for the breakfast eble whatever it is. I love breakfast food.

Carrie said...

Ryan also has a glacier, it drives me nuts. I have to be the one to tell him to clean it up! Happy Birthday Dave. Congrats on your house. Post pictures soon.

Josh and Kelly said...

It's okay Dave, I have a small glacier too. Happy birthday! We need to get together soon!

annieandjustin said...

Hey Laura its JeriAnn. I found your blog and now I am going to stalk you! :) Tell Dave Happy Late Birthday!

Amy said...

What are elbshivers? I'm excited to find you have a blog. I'm following you now. I love the "glacier" analogy. You are too cute, La. Miss you!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Dave!!! It was good to see you guys over Spring Break!