I had Spring Break last week and had Thursday, Friday, and Monday off. Dave took Thursday and Friday off so we could do some fun things together. We had a free night at a hotel in Ogden, so we went and stayed up there on Friday night. It was a fun date night. We went to the FloRider, which is the indoor surf wave at the Solomon Center. You can either boogie board, or try to surf (which was really hard!) It was fun, but I have one important thing to tell--WARNING! DO NOT WEAR A 2 PIECE IF YOU EVER DO IT! So, yeah, you can guess what happened to me there! I pretty much gave the 40 people that watching a free show the whole time. There was one time in particular that was really bad. I biffed it on the surfboard, and got stuck in the wave close to the top. Dave said he watched me and I had my hands folded across my chest, and he couldn't see any swimming suit! Everyone was laughing as I got down, and to make it all worse, I had a huge booger on my face! Pretty embarrassing.
We went up the canyon and ate dinner at the Gray Cliff Lodge. They have awesome cinnamon knots and of course, we asked our waitress to tell us about Spargot, the ghost that lives there. She told us a story about some ladies who recently took pictures of the piano, and they could see the outline of a man sitting on the bench. We tried taking pictures, but didn't see any ghosts in them!
Sunday was the Annual Melville Easter Egg Roll. We dyed eggs for my mom and Popcan, and put their favorite phrases on them. My mom's said, "idiot" on it and Popcan's said, "That will do!" Here are some pictures from the egg roll.
4 comments:
Wow your hair is getting long! I am bummed you didn't post any pictures of the surfing...I was sad I couldn't come laugh at you guys falling off! Sounds like it was fun weekend.
You know, I used to think that we were normal kids growing up and that playing all our pretend games and doing crazy things (such as egg rolling) were normal. But as I've shared these memories with others, I've discovered that they're not...people just think we're weird. I love it though. What would I have done in my life without the crazy Melvilles and all our fun (raptors, Rattlesnakes, Bob & Nancy, Ghost Writer, etc.)?
Did you learn nothing from my boogie boarding experience? It makes for some very embarrassing moments!
Yo girl, good post! haha that was funny about your top and what was written on the eggs for your parents. when's that housewarming party??? :) either way I HAVE to come see you soon, I need me some Laura.
Post a Comment