Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Healing Field-9.11.11


We were able to go to the Healing Field in Sandy (thanks for the idea Cameo!) on September 11.  This is where they put up a flag for each person that was killed that day.  Each flag was dedicated to one person and had a little tag with their name on it and some information about them.  They also just had opened the statue of the firemen raising the American flag.

 It was really windy that night, so all the flags were blowing like crazy!  Brady, of course, thought it was hilarious with all of those flags blowing.

We were also able to watch on TV that weekend a lot of the events that happened that day.  There was so much that happened that I either had never heard or was too caught up in High School to remember.  There were so many horrible, scary things going on, but so many positive stories too.  I wish there was a book that compiled all the stories people had about that day--I would definitely read it!  I was glad we were able to go that night to be able to remember and pay tribute to those that lost their lives.       

1 comment:

Kris and Megan said...

what an awesome thing in Sandy! I would have loved to have gone.