Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

4 Months Plus Some

This is a little bit delayed, but oh well! Yesterday Brady was 20 weeks old. The time has gone by so fast. Making it to 20 weeks when I was pregnant with him seemed to take an eternity! We love Brady so much and are so glad that he is part of our family. If anyone is ever having a bad day, just come see Brady and he will make you feel better! He has the cutest little smile. Everyone is always commenting to me what a happy baby he is and quite a few people have said he looks just like the Gerber baby. Most people think he looks just like me, so I guess the baby version of me is pretty darn cute! According to our Russian neighbors, if a baby boy looks like his mom, he is going to grow up to be a hippie--Dave and I better watch out!These are Brady's stats from his 4 month appointment:
Weight: 14 # 11 oz.--70th percentile
Length: 2 ft. 2 in.--90th percentile
Head circumference: 16.5 in.--50th percentile
We didn't realize that he was so tall!
Also at 4.5 months:
-Brady has been talking a TON lately. It's so fun listening to him babble and shriek.
-He is so curious and sometimes isn't happy unless he is standing up and looking around.
-He gets really distracted while eating sometimes because he would much rather check out his surroundings.
-He is starting to be able to sit with his hands in front of him.
-He can roll over, but doesn't do it a ton.
-He loves holding on to his feet
-He stares at me if I'm in the room and someone else is holding him, and does the same with Dave.
-His naps are finally getting longer than 40 minutes. For a long time he was taking four 40 minute naps a day, but he is finally staying asleep longer than that. I felt like I was putting him down for a nap all day long!
-He usually sleeps at least 12 hours a night with 1 feeding, although he slept without waking up until about 6:30 several days last week. He likes something soft on his face when he's falling asleep.
-He loves being read to. I have lots of picture books from when I was teaching, and he'll sit and listen to a story for 15 minutes.
-He's been putting everything he can into his mouth and slobbers everywhere!
-He has the biggest blue eyes.
-One of my favorite things is watching him interact with himself in the mirror. It's adorable!
-He had RSV about 3 weeks ago. Even though he sounded like he could barely breathe, he was still his regular, happy self throughout it!
-His nicknames are the Braidsters, Stinker Boo, Duddy, Duddykins, Dudders (any of Dudley's nicknames from Harry Potter), Bradykins, and Petey Pablo
-I'm afraid he's going to grow up thinking his name is every song. Brady is so similar to Baby, that I always put in his name instead of baby!
-1:00 church is getting harder and harder with him as he's getting older!
We love you so much Brady!

4 comments:

Kris and Megan said...

oh my goodness, he is so adorable!!! what a handsome little dude! i love all his nicknames too. isn't it so cute how they follow you with their eyes to see what you're doing? i bet you're the best mom laura! oh, and landon did the same thing with naps- only going like 40 min when he was a baby, but it was just a phase too. looks like brady is doing great! what a cute kid!!

Rebe said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever! I was like Brady, Brady, Brady, Oh, like Brady, Brady, Brady, No...
Sounds like you're doing the Bo Bice! (you know what I mean right?)

Carrie said...

He definately looks like you as a baby and I see a little bit of Jace in him too...so adorable!

Laura Cates said...

Yes Rebe, I knew what you meant. It's like Bo Bice or Hugh! I'm going to have that song in my head all day now! And Carrie, I think he looks a little like Jace as well!