Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Thursday, December 11, 2008

10 Days is a Long Time!

Dave finally got back from his 10 day trip yesterday! He went to Boise for a business trip because his company opened up 3 new Gold's Gyms up there. So, I was stuck at home for that whole time by myself. I didn't sleep very well the first couple of nights, but once I adjusted to it, I slept okay. Good thing I have a job that keeps me busy! You never run out of things to do as a teacher. I totally felt like I was single again because I didn't even have my wedding ring, since we were finally getting a wedding band made for it! It looks really nice now. I feel like I am engaged again and just keep looking at it.
For the weekend, I just headed up to Layton. I went to the drill team competition with Jessica and Michelle, and went to the ward party and saw the Lace, Laytones, and Lyrics perform. I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore! It's always fun seeing Bronco. He came and woke me up early in the morning and jumped up in the bed with me. I think he just knew I needed someone to cuddle with!
Since Dave has been gone, we just got our Christmas tree last night. The past 2 years, we have gone to tree lots in parking lots. Both years, we have looked at the price of the trees and snuck out. They are so expensive, so we always end up at the Home Depot. Can't beat a price of $25 for a 5 1/2 foot tree! We had fun decorating it, and we feel a little more into the spirit, especially since we are getting a pile of presents underneath!
One really funny thing about Dave's trip--The gym he was at told him that he could have a free tan. So of course, knowing Dave, he had to get it. He and the guy he was with got spray on tans! I got a text message from him the next day that said he looked ridiculous and he looked like a leper! I was totally scared to see him! By the time I saw it, it actually wasn't that bad, except for his leg, where it dripped down! You can sure smell it though when his skin gets wet! Good thing it only lasts 10 days!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

way to be brave by yourself! I hate when Erick has to be gone overnight! BTW, did I tell you I love the extreme makeover?!

Kris and Megan said...

hahahah I laughed out loud reading that Dave got a spray tan. Hilarious. I'm glad you survived being apart, I absolultely HATE doing that!!!

Carrie said...

Love the wedding band! Any of those presents for us....

Jamilyn and Clark said...

I wished I could've seen the spray tan in its finest hour. You're tree looks really cute and I'm glad the business trip is over, for your sake. Cute ring too!