
About 2 Saturdays ago, Dave was asking me what we were going to do that day. I said the words that he has been wanting me to say for a year, "Let's go buy new couches!" So, off we went to look at some. We first went to RC Willey and looked there. It was super busy, so we went to Granite Furniture and tested them out before deciding on some. We found a set that we liked. Since we got both a new couch and a love seat, we had to rearrange our apartment. Since we had to do that, we decided we needed a new entertainment center, since ours was bought at a yard sell before we got married. (Our old couch wasn't any better-it came from his grandma's).

We drove to IKEA and wandered around the maze there. We found an entertainment center we liked, and had to get a matching bookcase, rug, and coffee table. We ended up spending more money than we were planning on!


We also had fun painting our wall sage green, and I finally found some inexpensive pillows that matched (pillows can be really expensive if you are buying 4 of them!) We have been happy with our changes and don't think our apartment looks like a missionary one anymore.(as one of Dave's friends described it!)

Not everything is finished yet. We still need a few things on the wall. What do you think so far? It's very much of an improvement!

11 comments:
It looks good. Now you need a decent sized TV. We may have one for you, you just need to swing by and pick it up.
It looks good! I love your couches, now if I can convince Tyler to get new ones...
It does look so much better! Aren't home improvements fun? I love the wall color, too. Kudos.
Yeah, finally an update! I love it, I bet it's nice to come home to all that new stuff!
Wow, that is an improvement! It looks great and I'm a little jealous. Someday we'll make it over to see it in person. And I love the sage green wall.
Very nice. Definitely an improvement.
Very nice place Laura!!!! I love all the new furniture, it looks great. Now we need to come up and visit you, test everything out, and give our official stamp of approval... :) Really though, we should come see you and show you Landon so you can start getting baby hungry. You've been married long enough, it's okay to be now!! :) haha just teasing you.
Way cute!!! that looks like fun laura!
i love your makeover!
Sheesh. . . It really looks like a whole new apartment! I'm impressed! The green accent pillows add just what it needed. I bet you like to hang out in there more often now. :)
I love it! Good job Seniorita Laura.
Post a Comment