Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Monday, November 11, 2013

Fall/Halloween 2013

We did some fun Fall activities this year.  The weather has been so nice that we have been spending lots of time outside enjoying the Autumn air.  Here are a few of them:
Hike in Big Cottonwood Canyon



 We have so many trees at our place and even though the guys keep coming and cleaning up our leaf pile, more keep falling that we can rake into another pile.  We've had so much fun!



 
 
Dave thinks I should be really embarrassed about this picture, ha!
At Pumpkinland in Orem
I love that Brady fell asleep with this ABC book, he's obsessed 
 Carving pumpkins.  Brady wanted an ABC pumpkin, so Dave made one. When he asked what the other pumpkin should have, Brady said "DEF".  If you look closely at the pumpkin in the picture with Brady and I, you can see DEF.


 Brady and Tanner have finally become good little buddies.  The thing that finally worked to stop Brady from beating up on Tanner (I had tried everything!) was the threat of a cold shower.  Whatever works...I was desperate!

 We had some friends over for Ghost cake.  These are Brady's little buddies Millie and Greyer.
On Halloween, we went and visited Dave at work.  Brady and Tanner were our "Super's".  Brady was Superwhy and Tanner was Superman.  A few of Dave's coworkers had candy at their desks, so we practiced trick or treating.



Brady had fun because he got to write his ABC's on the giant white board.
We also made a stop at Nana's house to wish her a Happy Halloween.


 We went trick or treating with our friends in our ward.  We tried to take cute pictures before we started, but my kids were not cooperating!  As Katie said I should have been wearing a costume because I ended up in most of the pictures.




After we had enough trick or treating for our 2 and 3 years olds, we had homemade donuts and apple cider at the Thurgoods.  Yum!

 Brady and Tanner are actually playing together!

 And lastly, here is a traditional picture of all the candy Brady got.  Most of it ended up being eaten by Dave and I.  Sorry Brady!

1 comment:

Rebe said...

Your leaf pile looks like so much fun! Jealous about that! Does any kid actually get to eat their candy? Poor Bridgette is left with Crunch bars.