This kid is crazy about water! Anytime you give him a drink from a cup, he takes a sip and then as quick as he can throws his hand in the water. It's been raining a lot, and he always wants to be in the puddles. He knows everywhere one forms in our place. I've let him splash in them a few times, but most days he has to settle for throwing sticks in them because I don't want to deal with the cleanup.
He is becoming a pickier eater. He used to eat anything. Now he turns his head completely to the side and closes his lips tight when he doesn't want something. His favorite foods are cucumbers, cheese, yogurt, peas, pretzels, goldfish, and pasta. When he wants to eat something, he says "mmmmm." He can also sign milk, but that's all I've taught him. He loves to feed himself using a spoon and likes to scoop it out of the bowl (with lots of guidance from me!). He likes to kick his feet up and rock back on the chair, like a deacon (or 4th grader!).
Brady is starting to say some words rather than just jabbering. I was getting a little bit worried that he wasn't really saying anything we could understand, but all of a sudden one week he started saying said quite a few words. His favorite words are cracker and uh oh. He has also said water, cup, Bronco, kitty, fan, and baby. He can also growl, pant, purr, hiss, and quack. He is famous for his "ticka, ticka, ticka" talk. He loves reading and turning pages of books.
He loves sitting on things like pillows or boxes or stools. He is fascinated by the speed bumps coming into our place. He loves his binky and little blanket, but I only let him use his binky when we are in his room or church. I think he would suck it all day if I let him, but he doesn't need it and I don't want him too addicted. He is sleeping well and often takes 3 hour naps.
Brady has at least 14 teeth, maybe 16. It's hard looking in his mouth! He is getting better about letting me brush his teeth, but it used to be a joke! He can get a really tight grip on that toothbrush! When Brady turned 13 months, he began being pretty cranky and clingy. We weren't sure what was going on, if it was just our new 1 year old. I had to leave him a few times with a sitter while I tutored, and he screamed completely inconsolably the whole time. It lasted over a month. Then he got 4 molars, so I just think he was really uncomfortable with those honkers slowly coming in. Poor little guy. He still has a little bit of an attitude when he doesn't get what he wants, but he is happy most of the time.
Here are a few things we have been doing lately:
| We went to the Gateway and walked around the planetarium. He was fascinated by the balls. |
| We went to the REAL game with our awesome Pass of all Passes. He was pretty wide-eyed the whole time with all the excitement going on. |
Brady has been able to hang out with his buddies Christian and Caden a few times. They are so cute together! Brady just loves to be around other kids.
Just for the record, at Brady's 15 month appointment, he weighed 23 lbs. (35th percentile) and was 32 inches (65th percentile.) Hope you enjoy looking at my adorable blue-eyed boy as much as I do! Love him!
8 comments:
What a handsome boy! Love the water splashing. I can't believe how big he is already, too!
He is so cute Laura! I hope you are doing well!
He's so cute! Briar is the same way... into everything. We need to get our babies together soon!
I love the update! What a cute kid. Sounds like he and Austin would be great partners in crime with their similar interests being toilets and cupboards, dvds, removing things from shelves, etc!! And 16 teeth?!!?!? Holy cow! Austin only has 6, I keep waiting for the awful molars. I am glad he's sleeping well now too :)
Finally some updates! Sounds like he is as much of tornado as ever!
I have loved reading through your posts over the past couple of days! Your blog is awesome!!! Brady is just adorable! :)
But "ticka, ticka, ticka, ticka" is so entertaining!!
What a cutie! Looks like we need to get some pictures of Logan and Brady together!
Post a Comment