Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First Month with Brady

We're having a fun time with our sweet little Brady. He's pretty good and happy most of the time. I'm enjoying being able to stay home with him. It's definitely a different life than teaching 30 fourth graders!

I've bundled him up and taken him for a walk almost everyday.


He's so much fun when he's alert and awake!




Dave's dad build this cradle that he's sleeping in--He's a VERY loud sleeper!


I love all the little faces that he makes! This pucker looks like he could be a Lancelle doing military!


I love this outfit!


With his cousin Anastasia


Being burped by Popcan



We love Brady so much! I tell him everyday how grateful we are for him. I still miss Heidi, I always will, but Brady has been able to fill some of that longing and emptiness that I have felt since losing her. I hope he grows up knowing how happy he has made us.

8 comments:

Rebe said...

Cute pictures! We miss being able to hold me already. I love his little velour outfit.

Carrie said...

I'm glad the picture I took turned out cute! He sure is adorable.

Kris and Megan said...

he is so precious!!!!!!!!! i love that one of his grandpas is popcan, too funny!! i can't decide who i think he looks like! and i'm glad he's filling some of the emptiness you have been feeling. what a special little guy!!

Josh and Kelly said...

What a little cutie!!! Staying home is definitely nice. And I do think he looks like Dave!

Shaylee said...

Our little Mancelle. I love it.

What a little cutie.

Beck and the boys said...

My favorite baby faces are when they're laying on their arms and their cheeks get all squishy (ie being burped by Popcan). He's darling Laura. Can't wait to meet him. Call me when you visit.

Amanda said...

He's beautiful! All those little newborn faces... I miss them. Cherish every moment because they grow up so fast. We need to see Brady sometime soon!

cameo said...

Ah, that white and gray outfit IS adorable! So happy for you!