Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Introducing--

Brady Thomas Cates joined our family on Monday evening at 7:26 pm. He weighed 7 lbs, 7 oz and was 20 inches long. I loved hearing his cry, and it was so relieving to know that he was there and looked healthy. He is just adorable and we were immediately in love with him. He had dark brown wavy hair when he came out, but it lightened and straightened a little after his first bath. The doctor had to use forceps to get him out, because after 2 hours of pushing, he wasn't moving down anymore. He had a little bit of bruising from it, but by the next day it was mostly gone. We were just minutes a way from having to get a c-section, so we were glad that he was able to get out using those.
His first visitors were his grandparents on both sides. I know they are just as happy as we are that he is here! He had 3 of his aunts and his great grandma Melville visit the next day.Dave enjoyed telling Brady all about the Jazz and was glad there was a game on while we were still in the hospital!
We were discharged at about 9:00 on Wednesday night. We were a little nervous about bringing him home and being all on our own, but so far everything has gone well and we've been able to keep him mostly happy!We know we are so blessed to have this little boy join our family at this time. He will definitely be worth all the months of worry I had and will make us happy! We love you Brady!

8 comments:

Maines said...

Laura and Dave we are sk excited for you. Brady is a doll. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Josh and Kelly said...

Congrats Dave and Laura- he is beautiful!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations you two! So exciting!

Kris and Megan said...

hooray for a healthy baby boy! i'm glad you didn't have to get a c-section after all but apparently missed why you had him earlier than your due date. can't wait to talk to you!!!!!!!!!

Shaylee said...

What a beautiful little baby. Congratulations!

Nat-a-baby said...

Congratulations Laura! He is so beautiful! Good luck getting adjusted to baby life... I hear it is a wonderful time!

Beck and the boys said...

Congratulations!!! I was thinking about you guys all Monday. I'm so glad he's healthy and who can complain about the name, Brady? He's beautiful. Can't wait to see him.

Anna said...

Congrats you two! He's just so cute! I think he even looks a little like Heidi in the one where he's in his boppy! Hope all is well and that you're adjusting to having a new baby... :-) Wish I was there to hold him!