Well, A.J. gave us another little scare last week. At my non-stress test, as soon as they put the monitor on, you could hear there was something going on with his heart. It was really irregular. They did an ultrasound, and you could see how it was off. They called it a PAC, and said most of the time they work themselves out, but there is that small percentage of the time that there's a bigger problem. Of course I got completely freaked out and nervous that there was something wrong with him. They said I could go see a Pediatric Cardiologist and they could do a fetal echo-cardiogram. I went this morning to Primary Children's to have that done. They looked at it for 45 minutes through an ultrasound, being very thorough. I was so relieved when they said everything looked fantastic, and they couldn't see any irregularities structurally or with the rhythm. It seems like this entire pregnancy, as soon as I start feeling better, something else happens. I'm so glad that his heart looked so healthy today.
My blood sugars have been pretty much as close to a normal person as possible, and my doctor said I'm probably his best diabetic patient. That was nice to hear, because I've been really trying to do a good job. It's been a lot easier controlling that than my anxiety! I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out. I'm just done being pregnant. It feels like it's been forever, and we are so ready to welcome a baby into our home. They will take me at 37 or 38 weeks, so he should be here in about 6 weeks, before Christmas.
You can tell that he's growing--here's me earlier this week at 31 weeks.
You can see how we painted in the background. We got a crib, will pick up the changing table/dresser tomorrow, and hopefully we'll get some of our bedding that matches the wallpaper! I feel like our preparations are coming along!I just have to show off this cute cupcake I made for a family party--I came up with it on my own! The orange in this picture looks way darker than it actually was. Cute though, huh?
9 comments:
I'm glad to hear everything is okay! I love the baby's room- turned out really cute.
Laura- You look so great and so happy. I'm thrilled that everything is going well with his heart. LOVE his room... and LOVE the name Jed, readlly I do!!!!
Good luck for the final stretch. We're thinking about you guys and keeping you in our prayers.
Glad the doctors are keeping your calm and that you have so much willpower to eat good and keep him strong. These next few weeks will FLY by! Can't wait to see the nursery all finished :)
You look so great! Not too much longer and you'll be meeting your boy! I'm so excited for you two.
That is wonderful to hear his heart is looking good. can't wait for Baby Cates to get here! You look wonderful Laura.
I'm getting really excited to meet A.J! I'm glad he's healthy and almost here! And very cute cupcake!
Very cute cupcake and darling nursery. I'm glad his heart is okay and sorry that I never called you back the other day. Mitt was being fussy.
As for names, I don't have a problem with Jed, but Jedediah Cates sounds Amish. I like Brady:)
that's awesome Laura :) I can't wait to see the nursery in person!! It looks so cute!
Post a Comment