There are some perks about having a high risk pregnancy. I've gotten to see my little guy so often throughout this entire pregnancy, which has been really nice for me. We already know that he has a full head of hair (no doubt brown and curly, right?) and currently weighs 5 lbs. 2 oz. I've been having ultrasounds with the perinatologists once a month to keep tabs on his growth. Usually with diabetes, your baby will grow bigger and you have a greater amount of amniotic fluid, due to having extra sugar in your body. My blood sugars have been so good this whole time, that it hasn't affected his growth in any way. At my ultrasound yesterday, the doctor said he is "freakishly average" in his growth for me having diabetes. He is in the 51st percentile. I just thought his choice of words was really funny!
He should be here in less than a month!
6 years ago
2 comments:
Yay! Can't wait to see his cute head of hair! He's gonna be a little ladies' man, I just know it.
I can't believe he'll be here so soon! Exciting!! That is so fun that you get to see him so often (there has to be at least SOME perk to all the stress you've been under!) I am so sorry that I couldn't make it to the shower the other night - it was my sister's birthday party and then I had to pick up Paul from the airport. Wish I could have been there!! Good luck with the countdown!
Post a Comment