Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Verdict!

Well,






Yeah!

We had our family over for cake that night (thanks for the idea Jenn), and revealed what the baby was!


Everything looks good so far, and they moved my due date up a week to May 30. Looks like I won't make it quite through the school year after all! Here's our favorite picture of our little hitchhiker!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

How cute is that little thumb!! Yay for little girls. I think that's what I'm having, too. But I keep having dreams that it has a wee, so maybe it's going to be a boy. Another month and I'll know.

Ale and Emily said...

Cute picture Popcan and Jace!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I bet she will look like her favorite aunt with all that curly hair!

Mallory said...

Ahh! How exciting! Yay for girls!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Girls are so fun!

Rebe said...

I am so excited about it being a girl! That will be so fun. Love the thumb, it cracks me up!

cameo said...

I can't believe that I forgot to call you and ask you what it was! And that you didn't tell me! And that it's a girl! Congratulations!!! Even though I still wish it was going to be a boy.

Amy said...

Love your little girl's thumb! Congrats! You are one of the only people I know NOT having a boy. She's going to have a lot of boys her age to choose from :) P.S. Love the cake idea as a way of announcing it!

Anna said...

YAY! I love that pic of your little girlie! :-) Congrats you two!

Shaylee said...

Wahoo for little girls! I'm still waiting for the appointment where they move my due date up a week...woof!

Tiffany said...

CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you! Girls are the best!!

Josh and Kelly said...

Woohoo you win!!! You know how crazy Dave was as a little boy, so you need a few years to break you in on that one!

Kris and Megan said...

yay for baby girls!!!!! you got what you wanted! :) i'm so excited for you laura!!!!!!!!

Alixa said...

I cant believe you are already 20 weeks! And yay for moving up the due date. Congrats. Girls are SO much fun!Congrats!