Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Sunday, May 24, 2009

AAAHHHHH!

So, I cannot sleep in anymore at all. Usually. On most days that I don't have school, I wake up at about 7:30 or 8:00, because I have to go to the bathroom or something. Dave doesn't like it, because I usually wake him up, too. So, our new ward is at 11:00, and I thought about setting an alarm clock, but didn't because it's been like 5 years since I've been able to sleep in late, so why should I? This morning, Dave got a text on his phone. I woke up and checked the time on my pump, and it was 11:02! I frantically told him and we jumped out of bed and got into the shower. The text was from a friend he works with, whose fiance is in our new ward. He was telling Dave he was late for church. He didn't know he was our alarm clock! We made it to church as fast as we could. When you're the new people, it's probably not good to walk in 30 minutes late!
We met a few people in our new ward so far. It seems pretty friendly. It takes a few months though to learn names and things. One cool thing about our stake is that President Monson is in it! Last week was Stake Conference, and people said that he's usually there. We were hoping to see him, but he wasn't there. I'm sure he's even more busy now that he is the prophet. Hopefully we'll see him some time. It's cool to say that he's in our stake though!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We definitely miss you in our ward, but we are glad that you found a more permanent place! Funny that you slept in for the first time. . . good work! You probably needed it after your crazy week!

cameo said...

Nice. I've never had a problem sleeping in, though! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place. Or to even have dinner there!

Jenny said...

Wow, enjoy your honest mistake. I sure would have! Let's get some pictures up of your new place!

Ale and Emily said...

I have you beat. I slept in until 11 sleeping through Ale's alarm at 6:15 and getting up at to go to work at 7, my phone alarm at 6:45 and my second alarm at 7! Never before have I done this!