Background

The Cates Family

The stories of Dave, Laura, Brady, and our angel Heidi

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our Rockin' Fourth of July



We had a good time on the fourth up in Layton with Laura's family. We spent the night on Thursday, so we could wake up early and run the Layton 5K, which has become a tradition for us! Laura has done it since 8th grade, and Dave has done it every year since we met. It was fun to see Megan, Sharla, and Rebe at the race. I'm glad all my friends have gotten home from their missions! Afterwards we went to the neighborhood breakfast for some pancakes and eggs.
We were able to hang out with Rebe and Tyler most of the day. We'll miss them when they move to Rochester in 3 weeks! We went shopping and saw Get Smart. We had a BBQ for dinner, then went to Layton fireworks. (and sat on the football field of course!)

6 comments:

cameo said...

Fun! I am looking forward to the day when I get to celebrate the
4th.

Kris and Megan said...

Okay, did not know you had a blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to find you by stalking Mallory!! I will add you to our list! :)

Mallory said...

Finally another post! C'mon Laura how am I supposed to keep up with your life if you never update your blog! Only kidding! Glad to see you had a fun 4th. I'm coming to Utah either the second or third week of August. We will definitely need to get all the girls together and have some fun.

Carrie said...

Wish we were there!

Josh and Kelly said...

I didn't know you had a blog either! I love that first picture of you and David, can't wait to see one of you guys after the marathon! And hey let's go camping soon!

Nat-a-baby said...

This is my first time to your blog! I am now a blogger too! I love to look at all your pictures--- you know how I am... and it looks like you had such a fun fourth of July! Joe and I ran the Provo Freedom Run on the Fourth so we were all running at the same time!